Momisms-If you know you know
I need to describe how Mom is and how she is getting along.
I will start from today and work my way back.
Today she had her final home health visit. She has made improvements in her exercises from physical therapy. Her balance is better, she can get up and down from a chair more times and she can walk a little farther so that is encouraging. She promised to keep doing her exercises and pushing herself a little each time.
We had a ward party tonight and as I was leaving (they werent up to it) Terry was at the stove. I asked what he was doing and Mom said that she was telling him how to make caramel corn. I said "that is way too hard for Terry to try, I'll make you some when I get home". Mom said "Terry can do it" "Does he have a recipe?" "I am telling him what to do". When I got home there was a bag of black (Burnt) caramel corn on the cupboard.... (#1)
Yesterday I heard some very loud voices coming from downstairs. Terry had gone so I asked Mom if she had breakfast and she said no but could you help me open this ensure. Then she asked me if I heard the yelling earlier and I asked what it was about. "I asked Terry to cook me 3 hard boiled eggs. He said "You never eat three""Well I want 3""Well you never eat 3" That's all they said to each other for 30 minutes so Terry left to run some errands.I asked mom why she wanted 3 and she said so she could have some now and have some ready for later."Why didn't you tell Terry that?""Why didn't Terry ask me why I wanted three?" (#2)I asked why didn't you have an adult conversation and just say why you wanted them? Then she said did you and your husband always have an adult conversations?"This is not about me. Do you want me to cook you some eggs?""Yes, how about 6?" So i cooked them for her, made some egg salad with crackers which she said she would wait to eat until Terry came home.
Wednesday the speech therapist home health came to visit. She explained to Mom that the results of the swallow test showed a narrowing of her esophagus which is due to aging and also a small polyp that can obstruct her food and pills. (She had thrown up that morning after trying to swallow her pills )
There is no fix for this problem so she explained that the best option is to to take small bites, chew well and take a drink after every bite. also to get a pill grinder and powder up her pills and mix them with applesauce or yogurt and eat that. Terry gets all her pills ready and he hasn't done that yet. He said he start tomorrow.
You are tending toddlers.
ReplyDelete